ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle Support
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloads
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Proprietary middleware is expensive, and license costs only continue to rise. That's why progressive enterprises like Priceline.com and Citistreet traded high costs and vendor lock-in for open source and Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP). Learn how you can too.
How does your middleware score?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do project backlogs still exist despite excessive middleware spending?
- Do high up-front licensing and support costs prevent you from starting new projects?
- Has proprietary middleware solved your problems within an advantageous cost structure?
If you're not happy with your answers, it's time for a change. There's a better way.
Why Red Hat JBoss Middleware is better
Why build your next-generation middleware architecture on the same expensive, proprietary products? Attack your IT project backlog. Switch to JBoss EAP for:
- More capability, less cost: Delivered via subscription. So you pay for what's most important to you. Service. Software that works.
- No vendor lock-in: The development process is open. The technology is open. There are no secrets, no surprises, no lock-in.
- Award-winning support: Ranked highest in custom satisfaction over Oracle, IBM, and BEA in an independent study 2 years running.
- Performance: Just ask our customers why they trust JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with their mission-critical applications.
- Modular architecture: Robust enough to handle large, complex Java™ EE workloads, yet agile and flexible enough to run lighter ones.
More reasons to switch
- Read the Velociti Partners user satisfaction survey [PDF] to see how JBoss performs in the real world.
- Read the whitepaper: Putting open source to the test: The making of JBoss Enterprise Middleware [PDF].
- Read the analyst study: Business Value of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- JBoss earns high marks in Forrester's Application Server Quality: Review Your Assumptions report.
- See what real JBoss customers have to say.
When you're ready to make a switch to Red Hat JBoss Middleware, here's how to get started.
Start a new project:
- Calculator: Compare JBoss against the cost of your existing middleware
- Visit the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform page
- Request a free 30-day evaluation of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Start a conversation with JBoss
Migrate existing applications:
- Get the guide: JBoss Migration Guide by Amentra [PDF]
Strategic migration planning
Developed by Red Hat's global team of architects and enterprise consultants, this comprehensive guide details the recommended process for moving from WebLogic to JBoss EAP. It includes the planning steps that should be taken when preparing for such a migration as well as common implementation and training standards and best practices.