ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security Virtualization
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
The RHN Satellite centralized platform lets you:
- Update software with 1 click in an easy-to-use interface.
- Ensure security fixes and configuration files are applied across your environment consistently.
- Track the performance of your Linux systems.
- Manage the complete lifecycle of your Linux infrastructure.
On-site or a world away:
- Group systems together for easier administration.
- Automate formerly manual tasks.
- Select flexible delivery architectures: RHN Satellite, Proxy, or Hosted.
- Develop role-based administration policies.
Use RHN Satellite to reduce complexity and increase operational efficiency. With all aspects of lifecycle management automated, the productivity of your Linux administration is considerably enhanced by taking action across any number of machines simultaneously. You can increase the number of systems in your environment without adding administrators.
Because your machine configurations are centralized, your deployment, configuration, and management costs are much lower.
By automating key administrative processes, you can patch and configure machines much more rapidly, keeping them up and available. Because the RHN Satellite server GUI eliminates the need to use the command line, workers make fewer mistakes when provisioning, patching, or configuring systems, meaning fewer systems are out of commission—and for substantially less time.
When you buy an RHN Satellite subscription, you'll also need the Smart Management Add-On for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems in your network. Together, these solutions let you use 1 centralized console to manage the complete lifecycle of your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems—mainframes, desktops, or servers. Physical or virtual machines.
This Add-On includes the Management and Provisioning modules for RHN Satellite. An optional Monitoring module lets you track system performance and receive alerts about system performance so you can take action before problems arise.
Contact Red Hat Sales to learn more about or purchase Red Hat Network Satellite.
Red Hat works with an ecosystem of partners to build, optimize, and deliver complete solutions. Through our global network of leading hardware, software, and service provider vendors, Red Hat offers you a wealth of proven technology solutions that solve real-world business challenges.
Manage more and stress less with these useful downloads and links about Red Hat Network Satellite:
See who relies on Red Hat Network Satellite:
- Discount Tire Accelerates Its E-Commerce Business With RHN Satellite: Learn why one customer said that today he couldn't live without RHN Satellite. “It’s the difference between running around the datacenter repeatedly loading CDs and DVDs, and hitting a couple keystrokes,” he said.
- Salt River Project Migrates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux on IBM Mainframes for Flexibility and Performance: Find out why Kevin Masaryk, senior Linux/UNIX administrator at one of Arizona’s largest utilities providers, recommends RHN Satellite to manage your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.