ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle Support
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloads
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
The Scalable File System Add-On delivers high performance via:
- Intelligent organization of file system metadata, which minimizes wasted space and generates lists of used and free space to speed-write operations.
- Multithreaded operations performing simultaneous file system operations that increase scalability.
- Extent-based allocation and sorted lists of available free extents speeding up selection of needed space.
- Delaying allocation of disk extents until data is flushed to reduce fragmentation.
- Data transfer between user space memory and the disk using Direct Memory Access (DMA), which allows access to the full I/O bandwidth of the underlying disk devices for high-throughput disk applications.
You can use project quotas to restrict the amount of storage used by a given directory tree.
Common operations, such as defragmentation and file system growth, may be performed while the file system remains mounted. Online properties reduce the downtime often associated with unmounting to perform administrative tasks.
You can facilitate hardware snapshots by freezing an XFS file system while the snapshot is taken. And you can make backups from live XFS file systems.
Contact Red Hat Sales to learn more about or buy the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Scalable File System Add-On.
Red Hat works with an ecosystem of partners to build, optimize, and deliver complete solutions. Through our global network of leading hardware, software, and service provider vendors, Red Hat offers you a wealth of proven technology solutions that solve real-world business challenges.
Read our purchasing guide for information on how to purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux Add-Ons.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is architected to scale:
Technical details about Red Hat Enterprise Linux Add-Ons: